Mold Remediation & Removal Charlotte, NC
No one wants mold in Charlotte, NC! First and foremost, mold is a serious health hazard. It affects air quality, contributing to breathing problems, and even long-term diseases. Not only is it dangerous, but it is also often difficult to remove you need expert remediation and removal service. Mold spreads quickly, which means that removal can be expensive, depending on the extent of the mold. Our highly trained mold remediation Charlotte specialists are experts.
Mold is most often the result of excessive moisture from water damage. The first step is to determine the source of the moisture and eliminate it. Once the source is addressed, the mold clean up can begin. We use professional methods to remove the mold and to keep it from spreading, making your property safe, and improving your air quality. Our mold remediation and removal Charlotte, NC specialists know exactly how our climate can cause mold, and they can handle it all.
There are several different types of household mold, all of which can cause significant health problems. Some types are certainly worse than others. However, regardless of the type of mold, you definitely don’t want any of it in your home and want it removed from a remediation expert. Now you may be thinking that you can clean up a small amount of mold yourself. You could try it, but it isn’t the best idea. The different types of mold have different causes. Plus, the mold that is visible to you might not be all there is.
There is far more to mold removal than simply scrubbing the moldy surface. There are specific processes that should be followed to ensure that all of the mold is removed, processes which our mold remediation Charlotte experts know very well. Additionally, because mold is hazardous to your health, precautions must be taken to ensure that the mold is removed safely. Our mold remediation specialists in Charlotte, NC will help you identify exactly what type or types of mold that you are dealing with within your home. Knowing what type of mold you have is crucial to determining the best techniques for proper removal. Additionally, our mold remediation Charlotte experts will be able to find any mold that might be hidden in walls, ceilings, and under flooring.
UNDERSTANDING MOLD REMEDIATION & REMOVAL
Mold and mold remediation are frequently confusing for property owners. There are some mold remediation companies that claim that they can remove all mold and remnants of mold. This is not actually possible! Mold spores are naturally occurring nearly everywhere, and they occur both outdoors and indoors. Various types of mold spores are microscopic. They travel through the air, meaning they can enter buildings through open windows, open doors, and even through HVAC systems.
Here are some facts about mold.
- Different types of mold exist pretty much everywhere.
- Various types of mold can be found outdoors as well as indoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic.
- Because they are microscopic, mold spores can easily enter your home through open windows, open doors, air vents, and even though your heating and cooling system.
- Mold spores can also attach themselves to pet fur and clothing, which then carries the mold spores into your home.
- Moisture is mold’s best friend. Mold spores thrive in moist environments.
- Mold spores can very rapidly grow into mold colonies if they are exposed to water.
- Colonies of mold can release allergens and irritants into the air.
- In order to rid your home of mold, you first need to identify the source of the moisture. If the moisture cannot be eliminated, then the mold will just regrow.
- Mold colonies often release a strong and musty odor, which can help you find the mold if it cannot easily be seen.
- If your indoor humidity levels are too high, then mold can easily thrive
- Indoor humidity should always be kept below 45% in order to prevent mold growth.
COMMON SOURCES OF MOLD IN CHARLOTTE
Mold loves moisture. This means that it is happiest in consistently damp environments. Here are some of the most common areas where you might find mold in your home.
Warm to hot showers, in particular, produce steam. If the bathroom is not properly ventilated, then the moisture can permeate walls, ceilings, and cabinetry. This is especially true for older homes that have old ventilation fans or no ventilation fans at all.
- Bathrooms. Warm to hot showers, in particular, produce steam. If the bathroom is not properly ventilated, then the moisture can permeate walls, ceilings, and cabinetry. This is especially true for older homes that have old ventilation fans or no ventilation fans at all.
- Basements. Because basements are the lowest part of the home, they are more prone to dampness. Furthermore, some basements are also prone to flooding, which can encourage mold growth if not dried properly.
- Crawl Spaces. Even if your home does not have a basement, it still has a crawlspace between your floorboards and the foundation. If this crawl space has not been properly encapsulated and sealed well, then it is guaranteed to be wet, and it may even have areas of standing stagnant water.
- Attics. Even your attic can be damp. If your roof is leaky, if the ventilation is poor, and especially if you live in a humid and warm environment, then conditions may be right for mold to thrive. Or can be a fire damage hazard.
MOLD CAN BE A SERIOUS HEALTH HAZARD
Exposure to mold can cause health issues. Children, the elderly, and people who have compromised immune systems are more likely to suffer from the possible negative effects of prolonged exposure to mold.
Here are some of the possible symptoms of mold exposure.
- Sinus and nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Respiratory problems, which might include wheezing, difficulty breathing, and chest tightness
- Persistent cough
- Throat irritation
- Eye irritation
- Skin irritation and rashes
DO YOU HAVE MOLD IN YOUR CHARLOTTE, NC HOME?
Whether you have visible mold or suspect that you have hidden mold in your home, we can help! Our mold remediation specialists have the knowledge, tools, and experience to remove the mold. Our highly skilled mold remediation specialists also know how to eliminate the source of the moisture that is allowing the mold to grow. This prevents the mold colonies from reforming after the cleanup process has been completed.